Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 5 - MTC

This week was really fast and had some really fun aspects to it. the mexico independance day celebration was crazy. it had a ton of dancers who displayed all the cultures of mexico back to the aztecs. and they had a live mariachi type band playing and singing behind them. hopefully my videos send that i took from it. but for a couple days after mexico constantly sounded like a warzone. their fireworks are basically just small bombs that make huge noises.

during my study this week i was reading about the two-thousand stripling warriors. and i learned a cool lesson from it. the way helaman described how they fought really stood out to me. "and they fought as if with the strength of god." and i applied it to our lives. if we have enough faith that we go throughout life with the strength of God, we will have the power to overcome the adversary without failing.

another super spiritual lesson this week happened after one of the elders in my district lost his grandpa on saturday. we were sitting and talking about the influence him in his life. and it made me think a lot about grandpa williams. without him and the choices he made i wouldnt be out here today. it made me so grateful for him. and i know he is with me now every step of the way.

i got my flight itinerary this week. i have to leave the ccm at 2:30 am. but because my companion got assigned trip leader we have to be at the reception at 1:30. so im not sleeping that day until i get to the airport. and then my flight leaves 7:17 am and i have a layover in atlanta. i might get a chance to call home from the mission home when i get there. but if not im pretty sure ill be able to email then.

im so excited to get to the field. its starting to hit me how close i am to not being in what feels like a prison. and we had to have all our stuff weighed today so im already packed for monday.

love you all,
Elder Williams












No comments:

Post a Comment