Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 31 - Nashville Providence B




This week was another great one. With my changes to praying that I talked about last week I can feel myself changing. My studies are so much better now. I absolutely love it. Before I was just reading the scriptures, but now I feel like I'm really studying. I spent the whole week in just Jacob 3-5. And every time I went back over the same scriptures I would get something different. The way the spirit works is so cool.


One thing that I learned is we can't "look beyond the mark". In Jacob 4:14-18 it talks about the Jews and how they looked beyond the mark.  They looked for things more complicated. The rock (15), Jesus and his gospel, is simple and if we build upon it we won't get lost or confused and we are promised eternal life! The Jews downfall was they asked for things they couldn't understand and that's exactly what they received. God removed his clarity from them because they desired to know things that were unimportant and things they couldn't understand.


Instead of desiring for knowledge that is unimportant, focus on the things that really matter. And always remember, we can't grow faster than our foundation can support (Jacob 5:48) eventually we can have a perfect knowledge of all things, but if we just jump to wanting that right now, we will overcome the strength of our roots and fall.


Anyways, this week we spent a lot of time contacting. We had people on date for next Saturday, but for different reasons, we hadn't been able to come in contact with any of them. And all of our other progressing investigators were disappearing too. But this week we were able to come back in contact with them and teach a few lessons to each. One investigator in particular, Elisabeth Ramirez, we had a great lesson with. We have been focusing on prayer with her, because before she had felt like something was blocking her prayer from getting through the ceiling. She told us that she hadn't been praying, or going to her church. And she could feel the difference. We told her that there is great news, that she can always change, or repent, and start praying again. We then had her say a prayer and committed her to daily prayer.


We are going back over tonight to see how she is doing and hopefully be able to teach her the Book of Mormon. She already knows a little about it because her dad was baptized 20+ years ago, but her mom never let any of the kids learn too much. So she has strong desires to learn, it's just hard to plan for lessons because she never answers texts or calls.


A highlight from the week was seeing Eduardo get baptized. He got married last week and was baptized Saturday. He was taught by Elder brown and Waldo. He has such a simple but strong testimony. It was a blessing to be able to hear it after he was baptized. His whole family got up and shared theirs as well because they didn't get the chance to 3 weeks ago when they were baptized. It was just a spirit packed 30 minutes! I loved it.


We get to go to the temple this Wednesday and I'm so excited! I can't believe it's already been 6 months since the last trip! It will be a nice spiritual battery charge. And general conference is next week too! I'm so excited to see what I can learn, and also I'm excited to see how many times I can see dad. Hopefully it's a new record. :) Love you all and have a great week!

 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈElder WilliamsπŸ‡²πŸ‡½





Farwell Party for Elder Denhalter

Drunk Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment