Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 41 - Nashville Providence B Take me out to the Ballgame


Hola mi familia!


This week was another great week. We didn't have the opportunity to meet with the Rivera family very much this week, but they went on vacation to Kentucky, so they haven't been home. But it's definitely going to take a lot more work for them to be ready for their baptism. Miguel is ready, he just needs to come to church a couple more times. But Carmen and Fabian need to get married still and Fabian is the one holding us back on that. So we are just focusing on getting the spirit back into his life so he can remember how he felt when he was first a member. This week we just read in the book of Mormon with them and sang hymns. We also had them write down their goals for the future and we talked with them about how they can really accomplish them. 


This week during my free time, like lunches, dinner and after 9, I have been working on my family history. And it's so much fun. In just 3 days, I have found over 240 ordinances to be done and 80+ names. It's also been an awesome way for me to have the spirit always. Because I can feel the spirit of Elijah working in me and I want to go out and help others to find this same joy. And I really didn't know how to do family history before three days ago. But I found a way on the app that just makes it easy. It's also really cool because it's fulfilling parts of my patriarchal blessing that I didn't know how they were going to happen. But they are. It's just super cool to see. 


We had to help with two moves this week. One was helping our first counselor in the obispado's uncle move into a huge house. But it was super easy because he was super organized. Like when we moved from the cove colony house but a retired colonel did it. So that was an adventure. Then Saturday the English elders called us to come help one of their investigators move, because their whole ward couldn't. We moved the biggest uhaul ever up three fights of stairs. The apartment was smaller than the uhaul, so after we finished there wasn't any room to walk into the apartment. Hopefully they get that figured out. But the worst part was we were in proselyting clothes still so after the move we were just drenched in sweat. It's really gotten humid here. It looks and feels like we are in a sauna. But it's ok, it's part of the fun:)


It was fun to see Caleb Braithwaite again. He said he's been back from his mission in New Zealand for a couple months and he's out here doing summer sales. It took him a second to recognize me but then it clicked and he was just like "Chaz?!?" Haha, he lives in the same building as the zone leaders so I'm sure I'll keep seeing him. 


Love y'all!


πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈElder WilliamsπŸ‡²πŸ‡½











No comments:

Post a Comment