Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 52 - That's right 1 year!!!! Nashville Providence D


Hola mi familia!


Wow, I can't believe I've been out for a year already. This year has been crazy, but it has been a growing experience I will never forget. I also can't believe that I'm still in my second area, haha. But that's going to change here soon. We had interviews with president and he said that I'll for sure be moving from here in a couple weeks. I'm really excited for the new adventures. 


Well this week was just great. It really flew by for some reason. 


On Tuesday we went on exchanges with the zone leaders and I got to work with elder Waldo. It went pretty well. We did a lot of knocking doors and I learned a few new ways to do door approaches. Especially using the scriptures as a way to spark interest. 


Then Wednesday night we had our ward rescue night. We didn't have as much success all around as the first time, but it was still a success. We visited the henriquez family with our first counselor in the bishopric. He is a very straightforward man, and I think he pretty clearly related to them about how this is the only church with the priesthood to get into the celestial kingdom. Then on Friday elder Jones and I passed by again and taught them the plan of salvation. One of the only questions the dad had was why the third heaven was called telestial. We felt like it went really well. They still don't want to come to church because they are worried that their children will annoy others. So we are bringing a member with us who has pretty rowdy kids to invite them.  But they are reading in the Book of Mormon, so we hope with a member inviting instead of us they will come. 


We've also been continuing to work with Maria Reyes, this week we read chapter three of the book of Mormon with her because she read the second one on her own. She even gave a summary of it without us asking for it. We are going back this Tuesday with a member that's her same age that we have felt would be a good fellowshiper for her. She also said that she was reading the 4th chapter as well!


On Saturday we went to west Nashville and went former investigator finding. It was fun, but I'm not sure how much success came out of it. We did take the opportunity to go to Hattie b's. They are always packed and we found out why. It was super good. 


And then on Sunday we went to our Maria Reyes' son's first birthday party and It was a lot bigger than I expected. But I found out just how long I've been here, because 70% of the people there were former investigators haha. We also saw a few inactive members there. I'd say it was a success. And we kinda got parked in because we parked on the driveway and like 20 other cars parked there. It was interesting getting out. 


Love you all! Have a great week!



πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈElder WilliamsπŸ‡²πŸ‡½







No comments:

Post a Comment