Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 20

So this week was absolutely amazing! It was such a productive week and also a pretty fun one too! It all started during my studies on Tuesday morning. I was just reading in the bom, not even in a verse that significant. I don't remember what verse it even was, but in the middle of it I could just feel all of my worries disappear. I instantly felt the spirit right after, so I knew it was an answer to my prayers to help me be a more sanctified missionary. So I said a quick prayer of gratitude and got back to work. And after that moment, I was in the best mood I've probably ever been in. I just wanted to get out there and spread this amazing word. And the best thing is, is that night we went tracting on this street that looked pretty promising, so we planned on knocking the whole thing. We could only get through 8 doors. Because 7 of them were hispanic and 6 of them let us in to talk and set up a return appointment with. It was so awesome.

And I'm pretty sure I was talking more than elder Webster, which I could tell was a surprise to him. Because he kept looking over at me and smiling because he's used to me having no idea what to say sometimes. That promise in d and c is real. You just have to love the people and really listen and then just open your mouth. So that was a super awesome day.

The next day we had dinner/ lesson with victor, Shirley, grace, and victor jr. Or the family Diaz. So for dinner we had some Bolivian food, because Shirley is from Cochabamba, Bolivia. It was so good!
It's basically carne asada, but better. She said the next time we come, she will make another different plate. But this family I really think they all will be baptized. We haven't gotten a full lesson in with them, but they are reading the bom and asking really good questions about. So we are going over Wednesday with our branch president to really nail in the restoration and probably do a baptismal invite.

Friday we taught a English lesson, probably the first one we've done in 3 months. But we taught the restoration and they said they would read and they want us to come back this Friday. So we are going to do a pass off lesson with the English elders. Basically all 4 of us go, so they can meet the other elders, we all teach and then just let the other guys take over. So we can get back to the Spanish work!:) Saturday we was the last day of the month, and we had 300 miles left for the car. So we traveled across our whole area, trying formers that we couldn't go to any other time. We ended up just finding a bunch of white people who wanted to Bible bash. We stayed long enough at each one to find out that's what they wanted, then we just left. But it was still fun:) Sunday we had church, studies, and then we just tracted the rest of the night. No luck, but that ok. It happens sometimes.
I'm going on exchanges tonight so I get to do some English work, and if we happen to run into any Hispanics I'm on my own. Well not really, I've got God. And that's all I need.

I love you all and I'm praying for you! Hope you all have a great start of the year.

Con amor,
Elder Williams

Bolivian Food

No comments:

Post a Comment