Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 21

This week was kinda slow, but it's because it was so cold! I would put on 4 layers and still freeze. But it was still a good week.

Monday and Tuesday were exchanges, which was a lot of fun. But I definitely wasn't called to English work for a reason haha Wednesday we had zone meeting, which was a ton of fun and I learned a lot from it. One thing we did is we thought of someone who influenced us a lot, then imagine if they didn't have the gospel. We then pretended that they were our next investigator. My attitude towards tracting completely changed. I just thought of a few people during knocking and I was a ton more enthusiastic. Especially if I thought of one person, the person that has definitely influenced me the most ;)after we got back we some studies and went straight to dinner. Then we had an appointment with the family Diaz. If went well, and he asked our stance on if there is a hell and on tithing. Both of our answers he really liked. He really hates church leaders who get super rich off of tithes. Then while we were getting driven home by our branch president, he asked us to give talks for Sunday. Me on humility and Webster on pride. He wanted us to mind of rebuke the branch priesthood because nobody was wanting to progress in the priesthood. And he said they each have to be 15 minutes long because we would be the only speakers. I freaked out for a minute, because I knew there would only be at max 3 hours to prepare, and that's if I used all of my personal study time. Which I also needed to study for investigators.

Thursday we had weekly planning because we thought we were going on an exchange with the roaming Spanish ap, but that got cancelled Friday because of a pretty bad snow storm.
Which is a really good thing it got cancelled because elder Webster woke up super sick on Friday and we ended up staying in until six. So I took that as an opportunity to work on and finish my talk, and then after that just read the scriptures. I also watched the hectic road outside our apartment that had probably 30+ cars slide off of the road throughout the day. Tennessee drivers and snow= really really bad drivers. Then at 6 we went out to try and get some work done, which wasn't a very good idea. Elder Webster didn't need to be out in the 10 degree weather, and so after we walked forever and knocked a few houses, we stopped at a McDonald's to catch some heat waves and then we waited for the English sisters to stop by because they brought a bunch of Medicine for elder Webster. Then we went back and called it a night.

Saturday we left our apartment after studies and were out tracting all day. That was the coldest ive ever been. But we found a couple new investigators and knocked into a pretty interested person who the hermanas before us had for some reason deleted. So we are going back and hopefully she'll be progressing pretty soon.

Sunday was a fun day. Because elder Webster had gotten sick, he didn't really prepare much for his talk. So he asked me to go as long as I could, so that he wouldn't have to make up things on the spot. So I somehow did and it went pretty good. I definitely learned a lot more about humility just from studying up on it, so hopefully I helped someone in the branch. My opening line was this "today I'm going to talk on something I'm pretty amazing at, in fact I'm almost perfect at it. I'm going to talk about humility" that got a good laugh. But I went 20 ish minutes, and then elder Webster did too somehow. And so we went about 30 minutes long on sacrament. And then we also got asked last minute to teach the gospel principles class, so that was fun too.

But the we made it through it haha.

At about 7 we got a call from some missionaries in the Atlanta mission and they gave us some info of a less active/ recent convert and his part member family that recently moved to our area. So we went over and visited with them and got them the address of the church.
That's about it for my week! I only got to work in my area for about 10 hours total but it's okay still a great week haha

Con amor,
Elder Williams




No comments:

Post a Comment