Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 47 - Nashville Providence D


Hola mi familia!


This week was really fast! On Tuesday we went on exchanges and I went with Elder Atkin this time. It was a good time for him and I to brainstorm ideas to better the work here in Providence for next transfer. I also learned that I could try a little harder with non-hispanics. At least give them a card with the English missionaries number on it. Elder Atkin is really good at that. We had to go in at 8 because of all the fire works and drunks, and nothing too fun happened. But it was still fun to hang out with the zone leaders for the extra time.


We talked with José and Yeimi and walked them through the divorce process and then based on how long that would take, set a new date for Yeimi's baptism. We set it for the 26 of August. This should give Jose's ex enough time to come back from her trip to Honduras and then for José to talk with her to set up a court date. We did find out that we don't have to wait till the very end of the process for Yeimi and José to get married. Once the first paper is signed and filed, they can get married that same day. So that was great to hear, instead of 3-4 months down the road, it is just over a month. I might still be here when she gets baptized! I've already been in Providence for 6 months! Time really is flying here. I can't believe it.


We also continued working with Ilda and her sister Fatima. We found out that it's going to be tough to get Ilda's boyfriend to marry, for some reason he's really against it. Even though they have 2 kids and have been together for 17 years. I don't get it, but we are just going to keep bringing the spirit and hope that it helps soften his heart.


I'm really impressed with elder black and his determination to give it all until the end. I'm excited for this last week with him!

Love you all!





🇺🇸Elder Williams🇲🇽

No comments:

Post a Comment