Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 50 - Nashville Providence D


Hola mi familia!


So this week I got kinda sick of spending 100% of our time knocking doors. Because we weren't really working with many of the new investigators that we had found in the past weeks. So it was leading to a really long list of new people with no progress on them. So I decided that we were going to focus on cutting down our list to find the ones that were ready to progress. And it worked out really well, as we spent our time going from one investigator to another, we talked with anyone that was out and about on the way. So we figured out the repentance level of many of our investigators we have currently, put a pause on a lot of them, and found 11 new people with return appointments. And time just flew by this week. It didn't feel like a drag because we weren't knocking for hours on end. 


One of the investigators that we found this week was a pretty awesome miracle of how we found him. So about a month ago, at the beginning of the last transfer, I was on exchanges with Elder Webster and we talked to a Hispanic that was really drunk at the time. But we gave him a card and I asked him where he lived. He pointed on the map at some apartments that are at the bottom of my area. So fast forward to last Friday, it was about 8:25 and we had nothing to do. And suddenly that same apartment complex came to mind. It was a bit of a bike ride and it was really close to time to head in and we would have maybe 10 minutes to find while we were there. But we decided to go and see what we could find. I was thinking the whole time that the guy from the exchange was probably the only Hispanic there, from what I heard, and I was right. But that didn't stop us from coming across him again. He was the second door we decided to knock! And he told us of how a few days after we saw him a month ago, he was driving drunk with a friend in his truck and ended up getting in a bad car crash. His trunk ended up flipping a few times. But everyone got out fine, but he ended up going to jail for a few weeks. He told us of how from the moment of the crash, he decided if he didn't stop drinking then, he never would. And he hasn't since. He's actually spending time with all his kids and his pregnant wife. He told us the one thing that really caused him to change was realizing that if he continued, then his family would be left alone. He was really glad we came and found him. We are going to go teach him and his family tomorrow. I have very high hopes for this family. 


That was a testimony strengthening experience of always listening to where the spirit is telling you to go. I just have to be humble enough to listen. And then act. It's something I'm working on, and I'm improving slowly but surely. I have a long way to go still, but I'm better than I was. And that's what really matters. 

Love y'all and hope you have a great week!



πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈElder WilliamsπŸ‡²πŸ‡½

No comments:

Post a Comment