Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 10 - Hermitage


Hola mi familia!
This week was kind of a blur. Like yesterday I saw we had an appointment with someone. And I thought that it couldn't be yet because she said come back in a week. And then I realized it had been a week! But anyways for the rest of the week.

Monday night we ran into a family that wasn't interested at all. But they were taking groceries in so we helped them out. Then they invited us to stay for dinner. And while the wife, Rosie, was cooking we taught Juan, her husband, most of the restoration. It wasn't anything special and then we started eating. And rosie told us we were coming back every Monday from now on. And she said she would make shrimp for today. Which I'm sad because I'm going on exchanges with my dl so I'm going to miss it! Oh and for the next day if we run into any Hispanics I'm going to have to do it solo because the dl is English speaking.  Good luck to me.

Wednesday we had the temple. And I absolutely loved it. I got direct answers to questions I had, one in particular was what date we should ask David and Julie to be baptized. And I got an answer then talked to Elder Webster later and he had the same answer! It was really cool. Then one of the members from the English ward took us to l and l Hawaiian grill. It was soooo good. He said there is a couple in salt lake, so I'm definitely going when I get back. But he spent so much money on the 4 of us.

Thursday and Friday were pretty long because we couldn't find any Spanish speakers. And when we did I hadn't spoken it for so long I couldn't really speak it. But other days when all we are talking to is Hispanics my Spanish is a lot better.

Saturday we had a great lesson with David and Julie again. We brought the wife of our branch mission leader and she absolutely nailed it. She made sure they knew that the Book of Mormon was about their ancestors. We invited them to be baptized but it didn't feel right to set a solid date yet. Next time. But they said they will pray about it and if they feel it's the will of the lord they will.

Sunday I had my first talk in the field. I had to write it the morning of, and it was super hard because I had a massive migraine. But with a little prayer, I made it through writing and giving it and I think it went pretty well. We missed David and Julie at church so we are going to find out what happened. But other than that, I think thats my week. I'm loving it and I can feel all of your prayers.

Next week pday is from 1-9 here because of Halloween, so that will be fun. I can't believe it's week five of this transfer.

Con amor,
Elder Williams


















No comments:

Post a Comment