Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 11 - Hermitage


Hola mi familia!
This week was kind of a fun one. Mostly because I got to go on my first exchange at the beginning. I had a blast on it and I learned so much from him. Mostly how to contact with English people. Because it's basically 80% of the people we find, so we might as well try with them. I learned a lot of how I can improve myself as a teacher. He really knew how to connect with people. I also thought I would send out a menu of what ate that day. Just like I said I would.

Tuesday night- 6 eggs, 10 pieces of pizza, 1 piece of cheesecake, 2 pieces of cake, and 2 helpings of chicken spaghetti. Basically we had one dinner with a member and 2 others with random people that didn't really want to listen but invited us to dinner. So we used it as an opportunity to share our message with them. Haha

Wednesday after district meeting, we went and picked up a teacher in our branch and brought him out tracting with us. We trying to do that with all the boys to get them wanting to go on a mission. But the first door we knocked on really got him used to the mission experience. The guy opened the door and his dog came out and started sniffing us. Then the guy noticed our tags, picked up his dog, said  "no thanks I've already had my fair share of mormons" or something like that, and then flipped us off while he slammed the door. The kid was so wide eyed it was hilarious. Elder Webster and I were just laughing at it and he said "now you know why we don't like to tract into white people." Ha. We had a lot of fun with him though. Later that night we had an appointment with Anna and Julia, which we brought a fresh off his mission member with us. So we had basically 3 missionaries there. Luckily we did, because I hadn't spoken very much Spanish since Monday so I couldn't really speak it. It takes a little warming up to it if you go without it for awhile. But the spirit was definitely there during the lesson. With the members help we were able to resolve some of the doubts they had, especially with Julia. I don't remember what day, but we tracted into a woman who said that it's not just to only allow certain people into our temples. But during it I could really feel the spirit helping me know which way to take it. It really did bring scriptures to my memory that fit in perfectly. It was all in English, but it was something that just reassured me that the spirit is the teacher not me. It made me want to work even harder in my studies so that I could have it happen in Spanish.

We possibly helped a less active family get back on the path to the temple. We talked to them about what was keeping them from going and then just taught what blessings will come from following those commandments on top of being sealed for time and all eternity. I really love this family so much and I want them to go to the temple so bad. So we are going to help them in whatever way we can. That's all the spiritual stuff that's happened this week. We are losing contact with David and Julie so that's going to be super sad if they drop us. But we are just going to try to get more creative in how we come in contact with them. I honestly believe if Hispanics didn't have to work so much here, they would all get baptized. That's kinda what we think is happening with David. He has two jobs and just wants to sleep otherwise. It's really a sad reality at how little people can get paid if they aren't full citizens. But they still will work so hard to support their families. That's one thing about Hispanics, they will never give up on their families. I love it. :)

Friday night we had día de la cosecha, or or basically just trunk or treat. There was a ton of games, including Mexican bingo. It was a lot of fun, but the investigators that said they were coming didn't end up coming. But there were a few possible investigators that the members brought that we made sure to meet. No investigators at church so we gotta work on that. But we know there are people here ready to be baptized, we just have to find them. So we pray everywhere we go. But I'm loving it out here!
Con amor,
Elder Williams








No comments:

Post a Comment