Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 7 - In the Field


Hola mi familia!
This week has been crazy and awesome! I'll start off with where I'm at. I'm in a town called hermitage. It's right outside Nashville. I'm about 10 minutes away from the airport. This is the second best Spanish area after providence. Because that area is a ward. But the member help here is amazing. Last night was the first time we didn't have a member going out with us. We are also fed every night. The food is so good. I'm going to get fat so fast here, haha. My companion is elder Webster. He's been out for 14 months now. His last area he was in, he was there for 8 months. He's awesome at helping answering my questions about the language and forcing me to talk sometimes. The language is coming along pretty well, I don't talk very much yet but I am able to understand most of what's being said. It's hard sometimes because the people here are from all the Hispanic countries. The
majority are from Mexico so they are way easier to understand.

Oh I almost forgot! I finished the Book of Mormon the Friday before I left the mtc. I read 65 pages that day. I enjoyed it so much. Now for the lessons I learned this past week. I've learned to love tracting. That's pretty much all we did last week. It was the first thing we did when we got here. We found 4 new investigators just in those few hours. We have spent a lot of time meeting all the current investigators, so that ate up most of our time. We sat last night for a couple hours last night talking to an eternigator(met the missionaries 2 years ago) as she told us about her life. I was able to follow pretty well. She has read the bom multiple times and knows it's true. So we don't know what's holding her back but we will find out next visit. One of the nights we got back to the apartment 30 minutes early so we decided to knock some doors. It wasn't looking very good until the last door. We found a guy who is looking for a church with the right feeling. He seemed very interested in what we had to say.  He's an English speaker so we can only teach him one lesson but it really taught me the importance of using all of our time. We were able to get an entire family of investigators to come to the Sunday afternoon session. It was so amazing especially because we had just met them. They really seemed to love it. I loved watching the general conference as a missionary. I got so much more out of it than I ever had before. That's all I can think of right now. But I'm allowed to email until 6 here so if you have any questions or anyone wants to email back and forth I'm available.
Con amor,

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment