Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 - Hermitage


Hola mi familia!
This week has been awesome.
It started off great right after pday was over. We went out to an area right near our apartment because we only had a couple more hours. But we found like 6 new investigators! I really have learned that time is precious out here. My companion and I make sure that we are out finding or teaching until the very last minute every night. Something Wednesday night really clicked. We started the day really not finding anyone home and finding people who weren't interested at all. But then after dinner we were finding people left and right. I also haven't talked or taught better since I've been out. It felt so good. I really could see the gift of tongues at work. I was so grateful for that. Then Friday I got my first flat! Haha, I think it was something before I got it. Because when I first got the bike it was flat and when we pumped it up it would go up but not really hold pressure. So it was a really slow leak. But I got a new tube and it's working great now. Also that night we were going to an appointment and we went to the address it had. But it was somehow wrong, even though I double check all of them before we leave. But it was really good because we found this girl who lives on her own with her 1 year old. She had been robbed earlier that day, and lost all of her money for her baby and bills. So she was having a terrible day. But we came by and talked to her and she seemed interested in what we had to say. So we will see where that goes. Then right after we found where the appointment was supposed to be and the person was barely pulling up. So we would have missed her as well if we had gotten there on time. The lesson went really well and we referred her to the sisters in the area. It kinda sucks to have to do that because we come to love them in the first couple lessons but because they speak English we have to refer them. But this was just a lesson of how god has weird ways of making miracles come about. We will see how both of them turn out:) Saturday was a little sad. Every appointment we had fell through. And we also got dropped by two investigators. One of them told us her husband didn't want us coming back, because we were elders. He was fine with the hermanas coming over before us. She was really close to baptism, so it was really disappointing. We also ran into some baptists that were so scared of us. They had been taught we were devils or something. It was actually kinda funny. But the good things about Saturday. I got to ride 14 miles on my bike, so that will keep me from getting fat. And at about 8 we met this really cool baptist. He talked with us for about 45 minutes.  One of the things he said was "who am I to say you guys are wrong. One day we could be walking up to the gates of heaven and we see each other and remember each other. Then you walk up and go straight through and I'm stuck outside. We will just have to wait till that day. But until then I'm going to respect all" it was refreshing. He had a lot of wisdom, but also some crazy things. Like he said he saw the second coming in day dreams 3 different times. They were weird stories, but he fully believes they were signs. Sunday was relaxing. Because we got to go to church which took up most of the day. But it was also tiring because I had to focus really hard to know what was being said. Something I liked that I learned during priesthood was that there is two purposes to the refiners fire. One is to make us better after. But the other is to see if we are pure gold or fools gold. It's god's way of seeing if we are really all that we appear to be on the outside. Because through trials we show who we really are. I really liked that lesson Side note for Emilie,  we have a Honduran investigator right now. I think of you every time we teach her.
Con amor,



Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment